This position is responsible for the daily and long term management of multiple products within the assigned product vertical. Oversee all test personnel and work performed. Maintain and enforce all QA policies, process, and procedures. Analyze and make recommendations for necessary equipment and personnel to accomplish test goals and objectives.
Nature of work
40% – Test case and use case creation and maintenance
15% – Set-up and manage bug tracking database
20% – Manage all assigned test personnel
20% – On-going requirements gathering and communication with development teams
5% – Review all work to ensure adherence to standards, polices, and procedure
Interaction of the position
- Report directly to the CTO
- Oversee all test personnel assigned to product vertical
- Communicate directly with development team leads
- May work with other departments to provide marketing or customer service support
- Communicate regularly with development teams to facilitate test requirements and smooth work flow.
- Create product specific test plan and test cases in accordance with Studio test plan.
- Directly manage daily activities of test team.
- Set up and manage configuration and access to bug tracking database.
- Be responsible for test environment and equipment, including build access and distribution.
Knowledge, skills & ability requirements
Competent skill level in all standard QA processes and procedures. Ability to create test cases. Experience with PC and all console platforms. Familiarity with first party compliance requirements.
Competencies: Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Project, Bug Tracking software. Ability to multi-task effectively; attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Bachelors degree in related field preferred. High School diploma or equivalency required.
2 years QA experience in the gaming software development field.